2011年10月18日火曜日

Journal A " How to bow"

     I will tell you how to bow.  The bow is one of the Japanese culture.  In Japan, this has three kinds of bow.  One is deep bow that a hand reach a knee.  Two is slight bow that a fingertip drop a little.  And the middle is general bow for us.  Remember to express your respect for a person.
     Also, those are changed to suit the occasion.  If you offer tea to your guests and you go through a person, you need to bow lightly.  I would have a good impression if you did such a thing.  Next, then you were indicated by your superior, you ordinary bow.  you go in and out at the reception room, too.  If you had someone be nice to you, you should convey the feeling of thinks by bowing deeply.  Your posture must keep 90 degrees then.  But, there is the exception, too.  For example, don't stand up and you have to do rules of manners to be observed when seated on tatami.  Don't never sit before bowing.  It is to want to learn these for Japanese.
      Finally, what do you do when you angered somebody?  Let's kneel on the ground then!  I think that bowing is very important for us when we appeared in the society.

1 件のコメント:

  1. This was very interesting, Sumire! I wonder how often young people kneel on the ground. Maybe people only do this when they anger a superior? If I anger my wife, Julie, should I kneel on the ground to her? *grin*

    90 degrees means my upper body is parallel to the floor. Ist that really how far you have to bow to say thank you for something nice? I don't see people do that deep a bow very often...

    Your blog entry makes me want to learn more about bowing in Japan. Thanks!

    200+ words = 5 APs!

    Mr. W.

    返信削除